Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Twittering Twit

Yes, I went and done it. I finally ceded my pride to the blithering masses and signed up for Twitter. And you know what? I don't regret it one bit. In fact I secretly love it. Not so secret any more. Here's the thing I like: not posting my own more or less inane and unoriginal "tweets," but the convenient consolidation of so many different sources of information in one place. Instead of checking all these sites individually, I now have them all in one place. And usually it's only the most pertinent info that ends up there, which is great. I think I resisted so long because I dislike fads and becoming a part of any zombie-ish unthinking social movement. But at least for me, for right now, this one totally makes sense. Who knows, I might start actually "tweeting". But for now I'm just enjoying the view. If you're not on it yet - give a try. It's not so scary. I mean your craving for brains may increase by 30% or so, but that's a small price to pay for the lilting thrill of being "followed" by someone. When is the Twitter brain implant coming? Would it stimulate your auditory nerve and simulate a bird's tweet? That would be great. It would also be great if people only had 160 characters to make their point in real life and conversation. Not only would we all be clearer thinkers, we could cut out the fluff and keep it simple. Thank you, internet, for again infinitely improving our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment